Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Essay 1-01a: Letter to My Host Family


Hello, I’m Misaki. I’m going to stay with you for 6 weeks this summer. I want to get along with you and I am looking forward to meet you. 

Let me introduce myself. I’d like you to know as many details as possible about me. I’m 19 year-old student in Japan. We are a family of four and I live with my family. I have a younger sister. She is a high school student. How many people are there in your family? I live with my family but I like cooking. When I stay with you, please teach me about Canadian dish. Next, I often get up early in the morning and I go to bed. How about you? How do you spend your free time? I sometimes listen to music and watch spots on TV. I’m not good at playing sports, but I like watching. My favorite sports are soccer and figure skating.

By the way, I have never been to Canada. However I am looking forward to visit there. I decide to stay overseas because I want to make progress in my English. I’m not good at speaking English but I’ll make effort to get along with you. I’d like to chat with you a lot. Please tell me about yourself, Canadian culture, and so on. Moreover I want to go out. If you have a recommended place, would you mind visiting it with me? I think there are a lot of places which are worth visiting.

Lastly I’m deeply grateful to you for your kindness. I’m sure my home stay with you will be a wonderful time and experience. Before I stay there, I study English as much as possible .I’m looking forward to meet you and visit Canada!

Best Regards
Misaki

                                                                                                                                  [302 words]      




8 comments:

  1. I also want to know Canadian dish, and I like music. What kind of music do you like?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I listen to various music. For example, J-pop, Western music and classical music.

      Delete
  2. I like soccer too. I want to talk about it with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! I can't wait!
      In end of this month, Japan team's soccer game will hold. Moreover I don't know date but World Cup member will release.
      Who do you want soccer player to play World Cup?

      Delete
  3. I want to go to Canada. That's nice choice! Who is your favorite soccer player or figure skater?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favorite soccer player is Shinji Kagawa. He plays in England now.
      Also, my favorite figure skater is Yuzuru Hanyu.

      Delete
  4. If you were tough about Canadian dishes your host family, please tell me about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure.
      I want to tell you a lot of dishes!!

      Delete